United Way of Ross County, Ohio
Appoints New Board of Trustee Members
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 30, 2020
Ross County, Ohio— United Way of Ross County, one of the area's leading non-profit organizations, has announced new appointments to its Board of Trustees. During the July 22, 2020 meeting, the following individuals were elected unanimously.
- Cathy (Cat) Thatcher Bowen, Owner of the Lunch Box restaurant, Chillicothe, Ohio, and Vice President of the First Capital PRIDE Coalition.
- The Reverend Eric C. Carson, Pastor of the historic First Baptist Church of Chillicothe, Ohio.
- Adrienne L. D' Souza, Chillicothe & Ross County Library Public Services Assistant and President of the Ross County NAACP.
- Kay Hall, Retired PPG IND, Fixed Assets Accounting, Miss Ohio and Miss America Scholarship Program.
- Patrice Allen-Hussey, General Education Teacher, National Center for Urban Solutions, The Academy for Urban Scholars High School, Columbus, Ohio.
- Alicia Gray, Teacher/Program Administrator/Grant Writer/Consultant, Chillicothe City Schools.
- The Reverend Dr. J. Troy Gray, Pastor, Zion Baptist Church.
"The United Way of Ross County plays a pivotal role in our community. I am excited to welcome the new additions to our board, and I look forward to their joining our existing trustees," said Rick W. Smith Sr., President and CEO,
United Way of Ross County. The mission of the United Way of Ross County is to mobilize resources to improve lives and strengthen our community. We do this by addressing the underlying causes of problems. Our focus is on education, income and health, and we engage and promote collaboration with people and organizations that bring passion, expertise and resources to get things done. From fundraising to creating new programs to help those in need, United Way is the number one platform in Ross County for community impact.
"I welcome our new trustees and look forward to their engagement and service," said S. Kim Jones, chairwoman, United Way of Ross County Board of Trustees. Jones added, "Our new Trustees join an existing team of committed individuals who graciously work in benefit to our community."
The fundamental responsibilities of the board are to provide the organization with sound governance, fiduciary and strategic oversight and direction. The board oversees the operations of the organization and ensures that the public's trust is upheld, that the mission addresses a community need, that practices are ethical, and that legal requirements are met. The board is responsible for assuring the financial integrity and solvency of the organization and establishing procedures to safeguard the organization from fraud and risk. The term of the new members will be three years.
https://www.unitedwayross.org/new-board-trustee-members Board of Trustees
Kim Jones, Chairman