United Way of Ross County
Diversity & Inclusion Statement of Principle
Confirmed: July 16, 2020
Inclusion is one of five Core Values of the United Way of Ross County. We respect, reflect and reach out to the diverse members of our community in all aspects of our organization, our day-to-day operations and in our activities, without regard to cultural differences. We believe that:
- Diversity is a great asset to our organization;
- Diversity adds to organizational excellence when we tap the skills, talents and resources of people of different backgrounds;
- Diversity of voices and perspectives improves our responsiveness and ability to understand community needs, strengths and resources; Diversity allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our communities.
- Diversity makes us better stewards of donor dollars when we reach out to all people; and
- Diversity within a community system of care helps to provide accessibility and affordability and ensures that all people receive the essential human care services needed.
To that end, The United Way of Ross County fosters and promotes an inclusive environment that leverages the unique contributions of diverse individuals and organizations. We strive for inclusiveness and diversity in our stakeholders: clients, donors, volunteers, agencies and community partners. In addition, we seek to recruit and retain board members and staff inclusive and reflective of the heritage and culturally diverse community which we serve.